We are looking for a bright and talented Marketing Coordinator to support Spotware team.
On the 22nd to 24th of January, the iFX Expo Asia will take place in Hong Kong, where the representatives of both our brands, cTrader and cXchange, will be available for meetings to show all the benefits of these products for your business.
If you are interested in cTrader, book your meeting now with James Glyde, the Chief Commercial Officer at Spotware, by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in cXchange, book your meeting now with Alexander Geralis, the Chief Product Officer of cXchange at Spotware, by contacting him at email@example.com.
Alexander Geralis will also hold his workshop at the expo about the demands of the maturing crypto industry and how to build a leading exchange. Read more about the workshop here.
See you at the iFX Expo!
Alexander Geralis, the Chief Product Officer of cXchange, is inviting you to a cryptocurrency workshop that he will hold on the 23rd of January at the iFX Expo Asia 2019 in Hong Kong. In his workshop, the attendees will learn how to meet the demands of the maturing crypto industry and build a leading exchange.
The cryptocurrency exchanges have changed dramatically in recent years. Today’s traders and investors have different needs and expectations than they used to. As the cryptocurrency industry matures, it is becoming more important to build exchanges that are responsive to these changes.
The workshop will cover the following areas:
- How exchanges have changed in recent years and why,
- What are the needs of traders and exchanges nowadays,
- What is Exchange 2.0,
- How to build your own cryptocurrency exchange.
If you would like to book a meeting with Alexander Geralis about our digital asset exchange solution cXchange, you can book a meeting with him at the expo by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of 2018, cTrader has received The Best FX Trading Platform Award in London. Panagiotis Charalampous, Head of Community Management of cTrader at Spotware, met with Leaprate to speak about cTrader’s success and explain why cTrader is the best.
In his interview, Panagiotis covered the below topics:
- How do you see cTrader setting apart from the crowd?
- How exactly cTrader reflects Traders First™ approach?
- Can you tell us how cTrader protects its traders?
- Do brokers also implement Traders First™ approach and how do they benefit from it?
- How does this philosophy affect the industry?
Bitcoin has taken another step back from the mainstream with the Bakkt Futures launch delayed again, as they are waiting for the greenlight from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The launch was previously set for January 24th, 2019. The new date will be announced later this quarter.
The Bakkt Bitcoin Daily Futures Contract is a physically-settled daily futures contract for Bitcoin held in Bakkt Warehouse. The product will be launched on the Intercontinental Exchange, which also owns the New York Stock Exchange. This launch is seen as an opportunity to introduce more institutional and traditional market participants to Bitcoin as an asset class.
In the meantime, despite the postponement, cryptocurrencies managed to realize an upswing as Bitcoin broke above $4000 and Ethereum realized a steady gain to the $160 level.
Our expert, Alexander Geralis, the Chief Product Officer of cXchange, has discussed the Bakkt Futures Delay in his regular series with BloxLive TV, covering the below questions:
- How much damage this postponement caused to the BAKKT brand?
- Looking at the CME Futures launch in 2017 that might’ve been a catalyst in price, do we expect something similar with Bakkt?
- What does Bakkt have to do in order to be compliant with the regulation?
- Does the market expect to see a lot of interest in this product?
- Because this is the 2nd push back for Bakkt, is there a risk of it not taking off at all?
- Is this push back negative for the market?
- Do you think there is trust from market participants waiting to enter this market?
- Bakkt has attracted some notable names during the latest funding round such as Microsoft, Starbucks, and Boston Consulting. Why is this something important to note? Shall we expect more partnership in the nearest time?
Following the recent launch of cTrader Open API 2.0, Panagiotis Charalampous, Head of Community Management at Spotware, met with FXEmpire to discuss the cTrader Open API features and benefits for traders, brokers, technology providers, and development companies, as well as how to get started with it.
In his interview, Panagiotis answered the following questions:
- What is cTrader Open API and why do we need it?
- Who is using cTrader Open API and why?
- What kind of applications can be developed using cTrader Open API?
- What new features does Open API 2.0 bring to the table?
- How traders can get access to Open API apps?
- How can someone start using the Open API to develop their own apps?
James Glyde, the Chief Commercial Officer at Spotware, has met with a popular online source, Bestctraderbrokers.com, to speak about how industry shapes the company’s development and market feedback on its offerings.
In his interview, James provided insights on the below topics:
- Research and development process at Spotware
- Market demand for crypto exchange products
- Impact from regulation changes on the company
- cTrader award for Best FX Trading Platform
- Market response on cTrader Copy release
The lack of liquidity and regulation still makes digital assets an easy target for market manipulations resulting in the widespread reach of pump-and-dump schemes. According to the research findings by Social Science Research Network, nearly 5000 pumps have been identified on popular social communication platforms, Telegram and Discord, during a six-month period in 2018. In some cases, the prices surged by more than 18% in just 5 minutes with an overall of more than 300 cryptocurrencies promoted only to come crashing down.
The US Commodity and Futures Trading Commission issued a warning on virtual currency pump-and-dump schemes explaining that the virtual currencies should not be purchased based on social media tips or sudden price spikes. Instead, investments should be based on proper research to separate hype from facts. The CFTC offered a monetary reward for information identifying this fraudulent activity but so far it appears to have little success.
Alexander Geralis, the Chief Product Officer of cXchange, has discussed the pump-and-dump scheme affecting the cryptocurrency market with the BloxLive TV, covering the below topics:
- Will the issues with pump-and-dumps schemes be resolved by maturing markets or is regulation needed to cap them?
- Are investors safer from this scheme when investing in top coins?
- Are social messaging platforms should address this on their end?
- How to spot the pump-and-dump scheme?
- Does the overall slower trading activity help achieve better results for these schemes?
- How does this type of price manipulation compare to other recent findings like wash trading?
- Is it realistic to face out the price manipulation in this kind of market?
- Can exchanges play a role in helping to neutralize the market manipulation or is it out of their power?
We are excited to announce the release of cTrader Open API v2.0!
Open API enables third-party service providers to develop applications using the existing cTrader trading infrastructure and offer them to the large pool of cTrader traders through a free, secure, and publicly accessible API. These new tools and features offer added value to cTrader platform, allowing traders to have access to a larger variety of services.
cTrader Open API v2.0 is the successor of cTrader Connect API v1.0 and will run in parallel with the previous version until v1.0 becomes depreciated. The new version has a number of improvements from its predecessor, overall enabling faster performance of apps and providing them with more functionality.
cTrader Open API v2.0 Benefits Over v1.0
Αccounts API REST requests have been replaced with Protocol Buffers
cTrader Open API v2.0 will not feature any REST web services for account information retrieval. Protocol Buffers are used instead, unifying both scopes, Accounts API and Trading API under a single technology. This change allows Open API v2.0 to serve much more resource intensive applications than v1.0.
Request Limits Significantly Increased
As a result of switching to Protocol Buffers, request limits have been significantly increased enabling much faster performance for applications using the API.
Dedicated Per Application Proxies
Dedicated proxies are now available at the request of an application developer. Dedicated proxies can serve a higher number of incoming requests in a given timeframe, improving the performance of the Open API application.
Margin Calculation Added
Expected margin calculation which was missing from Spotware Connect API v1.0, has been added to cTrader Open API v2.0 through new messages. Now, applications using Open API will be able to estimate margin requirements for new orders.
How to Take Advantage of cTrader Open API?
If You Are a Trader
You can access apps developed using Open API if your broker supports cTrader Open API. By default, it is available to all brokers offering cTrader platform. However, brokers have an option to disable it. Therefore, it is best to consult with your broker first.
If You Are a Developer or a Technology Provider
You can easily start creating your app using our free, secure and publicly accessible Open API. Just sign up or log into cTrader Open API site and apply for an Open API. Once your request is approved, you can start creating your app.
If You Are a Broker
You can learn more about cTrader Open API and contact us to become cTrader Broker in order to be able to use cTrader Open API to develop your own trading interfaces for a more customized trading experience adjusted to the needs of your clients.