It is becoming more and more common to hear about big players starting to utilize blockchain technology in their developing ventures. Softbank, known for their behemoth $100 billion Vision Fund, is already using blockchain solutions in some parts of their business and researching for further implementation. At the same time, Tron which raised $70 million in their initial coin offering, is moving forward with their goal to decentralize the internet. While one company represents a more traditional investment model closed to retail investors, the other has a model open for anyone to participate in.
Alexander Geralis, the Chief Product Officer of cXchange, and Jeff Hancock, the Chief Operating Officer of getFIFO.io, explore some merits and differences between these two companies and how they leverage blockchain to reach the added value on BloxLive TV.
Some of the questions they addressed include:
- If these companies are competitors or each following their own path,
- Tron’s well-pronounced presence in the crypto space,
- Risks of decentralized projects to become centralized,
- The viability of large goals set by both companies,
- Institutional and retail access to a piece of their growth.