Today cTrader announced a new integration of its algorithmic trading platform cTrader Automate (formerly cAlgo), with Microsoft Visual Studio.
cTrader Automate is used to develop trading robots in C-sharp for round-the-clock automatic analysis and execution, and is also used to create custom technical analysis indicators. The integration with Visual Studio® means developers can now take advantage of Visual Studio’s many convenient features, and can apply changes directly to cAlgo from Visual Studio.
Ilya Holeu, Head of Sales at cTrader said, “This new update will go a long way towards faster, more efficient and more intelligent coding of robots and indicators. This just opens up a world of possibilities for developers and users of our software.”
Visual Studio’s many excellent code-editor features include:
- Snippets: Blocks of reusable code that can be quickly inserted by developers when and where required.
- IntelliSense: Helps users significantly speed up the coding process by providing quickly accessible auto-complete functionality for repetitive statements.
- Collapsible code sections: Improves efficiency by helping developers organize and manage chunks of source.
Spotware are also encouraging users to take advantage of Visual Studio’s advanced debugging tools, such as:
- Data tips: Hovering over a variable in the source-editor window reveals its value.
- Variable Windows: Allow users to view, evaluate and edit variables on the fly. Variable Windows include ‘Locals’, ‘Autos’, ‘Watch’ and ‘QuickWatch’
- Advanced Breakpoints: Lets users break debugger execution based on Hit Counts, Call-Stack functions and Conditions.
- Call Stack and Code Map: Users can visually trace the call-stack whilst debugging.
Product Manager, Sergey Borisov, is confident of the positive effect the integration will have on users of the product: “This release is really going to speed things up for our coders and ensure maximum efficiency, minimal errors, and excellent coding capabilities,” says Borisov. “We’ve worked hard to provide a good editor in the cTrader platform, but Microsoft® Visual Studio is the number one tool for developers of .NET languages today, and the power of some of its functionality is unparalleled. We really hope this will take what’s possible with cTrader to the next level.
Sergey’s introductory video to this exciting integration has been embedded to this news post. More information about cTrader Automate can be found here